Nothing spices up a summer menu like fresh salsas. Aside from being delicious, they’re a great way to make a boring meal more interesting without derailing your plans for healthy eating.
Here are a couple of awesome and easy recipes below. They take minutes to make, and can be used as both dip and sauce.
This Bobby Flay recipe makes a great addition to chicken!
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the mangoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and orange juice in a bowl and gently mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pico de gallo is easy to make, and is a delicious and refreshing addition to summer fare. Great on chicken or fish—or mix in shrimp and serve as a ceviche appetizer!
PICO DE GALLO
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 limes (juice)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
Mix it up and serve! Or mix in a couple of mashed avocados, and you’ll have a delicious guacamole!