by Michael Keeler, Business Wizard, Life & Business Coach
Attention Ninjas of the World!
Your challenge today is simple: pick one thing in your life that you do not enjoy doing, and make it a GAME. (TWEET THAT SHIT!)
Yup, that’s it. Sounds badass, right? It is!
If you’ve been a consumer in the past five years you might have noticed that almost all of your online and in-person interactions are like games. You get badges, points, and rewards for just about everything you do these days. Buy a coffee, get some points. Buy a plane ticket, get some rewards. Like a page on Facebook, get a cute badge on your wall. Everyone’s doing it! All the cool kids are calling it gamification.
Why is everyone doing it? Cuz it works.
This is a challenge to give gamification a try!
First, why does it work? The simple answer is: We love winning! Give humans a chance to feel accomplished with minimal effort and everyone will want to get in on that sh*t. Gamification encourages us to celebrate every single step we take toward our goal. That’s a big deal! When life is a game, we celebrate every successful turn and minimize the setbacks. How would your life change if you celebrated yourself more often? (TWEET THAT SHIT!) What would be different for you if your setbacks were invigorating instead of defeating?
Another reason that gamification is effective: It’s fun yo! If the zany team at MFF hasn’t convinced you of the benefits of fun yet, let me give you the short, short version.
FUN = POSITIVE ENERGY = POSITIVE ACTION = NAILING YOUR LIFE!
When you are able to insert fun into aspects of your life where fun is typically a stranger, it will ALWAYS be a winning combination. You don’t have to take my word for it. Give it a try!
1. Pick one thing in your life that you do not enjoy doing. Write it down.
2. Find at least 2 ways that you can make it a game. Write them down.
Here are some examples:
– Reward yourself for completing all or part of the task.
– Find someone else to play with – Monopoly is much more fun than Solitaire!
– Compete with yourself – keep track of how fast or how well you can do the task and work to outdo yourself!
3. Play the game! You’ve got this, Ninja!
4. Tell us how it went! Share your experience in the comments below. Sharing is caring, my friends!
You’ll never submit to boring tasks again. Life is a game – play it!
Hit me up below. I’m here to support you on every step of your journey. #sherpa