Seeking a General Manager
Mark Fisher Fitness – New York City, NY
Mark Fisher Fitness (MFF) is one of the most successful gyms in the history of the fitness industry. In its first two years, MFF has grown from a single personal trainer to a staff of over 20, nearly 600 members, and our own studio in midtown Manhattan. With a reputation as the fitness home of choice for the Broadway community, MFF has been featured in Forbes, the NY Times, the NY Post, the Wall St. Journal, NY1, and more. MFF has made waves in the fitness industry for it’s unprecedented growth, industry leading results, and unique take on fitness. Living the mantra of “ridiculous humans, serious fitness,” MFF provides progressive training and nutrition protocols in a delivery system of subversive humor, fantastical imagery, and outrageous antics. We also inexplicably talk about unicorns, call our clients Ninjas, and treat fun, community, and personal growth as core values.
Join Team MFF! This is an excellent career opportunity!
This position reports to the Owners.
About This Opportunity
With your experience and passion we will continue the fitness revolution to build a world of ridiculous humans who are serious about fitness.
You will be encouraged to express your unique spirit and abilities every day; infusing your work with your own personal style. Through a dizzying combination of work and play, you will be embraced by our zany community of unicorns, hotties, and misfits. If this sounds like you’re greatest nightmare, then we lovingly suggest we’re probably not the place for you. If you can’t wait to cover yourself in glitter and slap on a pair of booty shorts, then keep reading…
We exist to teach, empower and inspire all humans to lead lives of remarkable health and hotness. Embracing community and ridiculousness is at the core of our approach and informs everything that we do.
You will provide leadership and day-to-day management for a core team of 20+ full-time employees. With a major focus on the MFF Biz Team, you will drive daily operations and create an environment that empowers employees and MFF Members to do their best work.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
You will oversee the daily operations of the Ninja Clubhouse, with a key focus on the MFF Biz Team and Training Team according to current policies and procedures. Key responsibilities include overseeing the Front Desk Managers, Membership Director, and other direct reports as needed. Additionally, you will be responsible for team schedules, personnel issues, payroll, and overall work environment. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training, performance reviews, addressing complaints, and resolving challenges with employees and Ninjas (clients).
As the General Manager of the MFF Ninja Clubhouse, you will be responsible for the oversight, customer service, profitability, and daily operations of the business including but not limited to:
- Drive sales, new Ninja (client) acquisition, lead generation, retention, and service penetration
- Manage revenue and controllable expenses to budget
- Build a culture of fun, compassion, and supportiveness
- Plan and promote fabulous special events
- Create and maintain a high quality, high touch, and consistent Ninja (client) experience
- Facilitate staff development and retention activities
- Ensure ninja (client) and employee safety
- Complete daily paperwork, filing, and tracking
- Hold sales, safety, and other operational meetings as requested by Owners,
- Oversee facility maintenance
- Adherence to all policies and procedures, including, but not limited to all safety, legal and ethical requirements
- Report on daily activities, sales, and profitability
- Build creative marketing, promotion, and social media campaigns
- Excellent customer service
- Project management
- Leadership (coaching, build relationships, holding staff accountable, motivating)
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills
- Win-win problem solving
- Creativity and ridiculousness
- Basic human resource skills (hiring, firing, payroll, counseling)
Value Alignment — You Must Believe That
- People come before profit
- You can get 1% better every day
- Learning is a lifelong pursuit
Software Skills Preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite
- iWork Suite
- Constant Contact
- Mindbody Online
Have experience managing a crazy team in a rapidly growing company? Then we want YOU! F*ck cover letters! If you think you got what it takes, send us a 2 minute video explaining your relevant skills and demonstrating your passion for fun and fitness. Email your video to careersmarkfisherfitness.com #SendThatResumeGurl