Hey There Ninja!
It’s no secret that supplements can be a helpful part of your overall fitness strategy. But it’s also true that many are over-hyped, over-priced, and poor quality. Eek!
Well, you’re in luck my friend.
Your trusty pals at Mark Fisher Fitness have created this special page just for you to get our suggestions for supplements that could support your goals.
While the friendly young man at GNC probably has good intentions, we want the very best for our beloved Ninjas. That’s why we enrolled MFF’s Nutrition El Capitan Miguel Alemar to give us his brilliant brain download to make sure our choices are:
- High quality brands
- Backed by real results
Now it’s worth reiterating, supplements are just that; a supplement to the foundations of exercise, nutrition, and recovery. Alas, there are no magic pills. But since we know many of you would benefit from a handful of high-quality, research-backed additions to your whole foods, we’ve taken all the guesswork out of it for you.
NOTE: After painstaking research, these are the products and brands we believe in. But we want to be upfront that MFF receives a small commission when you buy directly through us. We appreciate your consideration of supporting us by making your purchases via the links below!
DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. None of the statements on this web site should be construed as dispensing medical advice, making claims regarding the cure of diseases. You should consult your physician or a licensed health care professional before starting any supplement, dietary, or exercise program, especially if you are pregnant or have any pre-existing injuries or medical conditions.
The MFF Basic 4
- Supports energy, digestion and overall health
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes to aid in cell repair
- While this is not a replacement for fruits and vegetables, its a great add on, especially if you’re not including enough veggies in your diet.
Whey Protein Isolate
- Highly bioavailable protein in easily mixable powder form
- Ideal for use post workout to kickstart the muscle repair process
- Provides low calorie solution for those requiring more protein in their diets and also includes enzymes for easier digestion.
- Essential nutrient for heart, brain, overall health
- Can fight inflammation and autoimmune diseases
- Can lower symptoms surrounding metabolic syndrome and improve heart health
- Omega 3’s are an essential nutrient, meaning that the body can not make it on its own. This is a great supplement for overall health.
- Supports cardiovascular, bone and muscle health
- Also supports immune function
- Maintaining adequate vitamin D levels with sunlight and diet alone is extremely difficult. Vitamin D deficiency has become common and this supplement will ensure you’re getting enough.
Other Supplements to Consider
- Plant based protein in a mixable powder form
- Can be used post workout or throughout the day in smoothies to your liking
- Provides a plant based low calorie solution for those requiring more protein in their diets.
Thorne Basic Nutrients 2/day
- Foundational micronutrient support for organs, nervous system and overall health
- Highly absorbable ingredients
- Even when eating a varied diet, it is easy to become deficient in micronutrients, this supplement will cover your bases with a convenient formula that only has to be taken twice a day.
- Supports over 600 metabolic processes in the body
- Crucial for bone density, cardiac and lung health, as well as muscle tenderness and fatigue
- Traditional diets do not meet the minimum daily dose set forth by the USDA and active individuals require a steady dose of this important mineral. It can help with muscle recovery and promote more restful sleep as well.
Floramend Prime Probiotic
- Promotes a healthy gut aiding with digestion and absorption of nutrients in your diet
- Supports a healthy immune system
- This probiotic formula includes clinically researched strains shown to aid with weight loss, immune function and a healthy GI system.
- Amino acid that increases work capacity and power output (more reps!!!)
- New research shows it also supports brain health
- Creatine is one of the most researched supplements for its effectiveness and safety. This supplement is great for increasing the amount of weight lifted while also helping to increase strength. This formula uses the proprietary Creapure version of creatine which is easily absorbed and has been widely studied.
- Buffers lactic acid which helps to increase work capacity
- Increases time to exhaustion during cyclical endurance training
- This formula uses a time released version of beta alanine which is great for using during higher volume lifting or endurance training. This supplement works well with creatine.
- Melatonin is really useful for people who have a hard time falling asleep.
- The time released formula helps promote restful sleep and regulate sleep/wake cycles.